Dave Phillips Memorial walk to raise money for COPS
A MERSEYSIDE police officer will walk 65.54 miles in 24 hours to raise money for Care of Police Survivors.
PC Mark Hobin and his wife Leanne are taking on the challenge in memory of Merseyside PC Dave Phillips, whose collar number was 6554. The event will take place on Saturday 25 March, when the pair will walk around the Merseyside area.
The walk begins at midday at Windle Island and ending 24 hours later in Central Park.
The duo are looking for 25 people to join them on each of the 12 two-hour legs of the journey.
Mark said: “I’m sure most of you know 6554 was Dave’s personal identification number. The event has been sanctioned by the family and COPS continue to support them so we would like to do our bit back. But we need your help.
“The route will take in St.Helens, Sefton, Liverpool and the Wirral. We would like 25 people to join us at different stages and walk with us for 6 miles at a time before you swap with another 25 people who can then walk with us. So ideally we are looking for the support of 300 people to cover the 12 prescribed legs.
“If you able to join us, please pencil it into your diary and let either of us know which slot you would be interested in. The event has already been well received on social media and places are beginning to fill up.
“It’s open to all ages and abilities. Each entrant will make a donation of £10 on a Just Giving page (below) to secure your place. When donating please state your name and the leg number of your intended participation but don’t do this until either of us have confirmed the availability of that space.”
The memorial walk will take the following route around Merseyside:
- Leg 1 (1200-1400): Start at Windle Island and walk to the Stanley Gate PH
- Leg 2 (1400-1600): From there to Scarisbrick Guides Campsite
- Leg 3 (1600-1800): From there to Marine Drive, Southport
- Leg 4 (1800-2000): From there to Formby By-pass junction with Southport Old Road
- Leg 5 (2000-2200): From there continuing along the By-pass until the junction with Moor Lane
- Leg 6 (2200-2400): From there along Dunningsbridge Road, the Dock Road to the junction with Marsh Lane.
- Leg 7 (0000-0200): From there to the Pier Head Ferry Terminal
- Transported through the tunnel to Seacombe Ferry terminal
- Leg 8 (0230-0430): From there to the end of Kings Parade
- Leg 9 (0430-0630): From there to Newlyn Road (near Great Moels Primary School)
- Leg 10 (0630-0830): From there along the coast to Croft Drive, Caldy
- Leg 11 (0830-1030): From there to Saughall Massie Lane
- Leg 12 (1030-1200): From there to the finish in Central Park (near Liscard Road)
For more information, click here www.justgiving.com/fundraising/TeamLlobes